Game Changer!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ultratechvideo

Freakin AMAZING!!! 1st thing I'd do with it is coat all my spraying equipment.
--

-MIKE-

That's pretty neat. Wonder what the stuff costs? Any way you look at it, it would save time and labour (read: money) on clean up costs.
On 2/16/13 4:02 PM, Dave wrote:

That's the first thing I thought of... every tool I have that's been coated in paint, plaster, cement, grout, plumbing goop, oil, tranny fluid, etc, etc, over the past year. How about the garage floor?
Then there's all my drums cases that get set down in water or mud.
--

-MIKE-

On 2/16/2013 3:52 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

That is pretty cool. IIRC they refer to is at nano something or another. I first saw it demonstrated with pouring melted chocolate on a tennis shoe and as you know it all ran off. I saw it being use on windshields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7is6r6zXFDc

"-MIKE-" wrote in message

How are you supposed to hold on to anything with the gloves if the coating makes them "slippery"...? ;~)

You have to hold something with your bare hands. The coating only keeps the gloves clean, not your hands. ;~)
-MIKE- wrote:

Pretty cool stuff, wondering....
Would it repel spray paint? Would really piss off the graffitti artists :)
Would it stop ice from collecting on sidewalks?
--
PV

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and
telus.net says...

Will it repel the sweat and oil on your hands and make a tool coated in it difficult to hold?
Will it repel glue and make lock-tite impossible to use on a bolt coated in the stuff?
What would wet or slightly oily shoes on a floor (or catwalk) coated in the stuff do?
Will it break down in UV light?
Will it break down over time and become airborne nano-particulates?
FWIW I think there's not been enough research by 1/1,000th on the long and short term safety of nanotech and nanoparticles in the real world.
Google: nanotoxicology
On 2/16/2013 4:52 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

And it's cheap too! Buy a 5 gallon kit and send me just a quart.
--
 GW Ross

 Growing old is mandatory; growing up
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 8:45:28 PM UTC-6, G.W.Ross wrote:

 GW Ross
Amazon has it for $65 a quart.
Sonny

Needs bottom and top coat products, for $65 and $99/qt, respectively. Gallons are "only" $170 and $306. <thud>
Really neat shit, Maynard!
--
If government were a product,
selling it would be illegal.

The obvious question that wasn't addressed (in that video, anyway), is, how long does it last? Presumably all of those demonstrations were done right after the treatment. What about after it's used awhile?
On 2/17/13 7:18 AM, Amy Guarino wrote:

Tru-dat! I remember using scotch-guard the first time and it was amazing... for about a month.
For certain applications, like finish spray guns, it would be worth it even if you had to apply it every time. Now, I suspect it lasts quite a bit longer than that. But even if you had to reapply it every month, can you imagine how much time you'd save by not having to clean spray equipment?
--

-MIKE-

On 2/17/2013 12:04 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I found that scotch guard still works well years later, it does not repel as it did when new but clean up of a spill is still quite easy. Spills do not seem to soak in and stain.
How about RainX on the windshield, works well for a few weeks, I found that wax on the windshield works at least as good.
On 2/17/13 2:47 PM, Leon wrote:

I don't know where I learned this, but when I was in high school, my van needed a new wiper motor. In the mean time, I took a potato, cut it in half, and wiped the raw tater across the clean glass. The rain sheened right off, leaving a clear window. Worked for weeks.
--

-MIKE-

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 15:52:55 -0600, -MIKE- wrote:

I need a pickup coated with this, I could skip the annual pressure washing.
basilisk