FYI Only


Hi,
No scare tactics intended, and I'd have put this one in the urban legends basket except it comes from the ASPCA. I subscribe to a newsletter so there is usually an article about health of pets in one way or another. So I thought it'd be OK to just pass this one along. No worry, I won't be making a regular habit of this sort of thing; it just seems this is a good group to let know.
STICKY SITUATIONS: 740% INCREASE IN CASES OF PETS INGESTING POLYURETHANE GLUE Imagine this scenario: a young boxer pup gets into a tube of polyurethane glue, accidentally left out when his owners were doing home repairs. By the next morning the pup is vomiting, and his abdomen is swollen and tender. A visit to the veterinarian reveals that the expanding adhesive did just that-expand-in the dog's stomach, turning into a hard, solidified mass requiring emergency surgery. But what's really astounding? The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center is seeing more and more cases just like this one.
Regards,
Pop`
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Pop` wrote:

Read about that in some WW mag recently. Apparently, Gorilla Glue and similar glues smell like peanut butter or maple syrup or something to a dog. He eats it, and it swells up to the size of a Nerf football in his stomach and has to be surgically removed.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Pop` wrote:

This happened to the pet of one of this group's posters.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.