FYI Only

Hi,

No scare tactics intended, and I'd have put this one in the urban legends basket except it comes from the ASPCA. I subscribe to a newsletter so there is usually an article about health of pets in one way or another. So I thought it'd be OK to just pass this one along. No worry, I won't be making a regular habit of this sort of thing; it just seems this is a good group to let know.

STICKY SITUATIONS: 740% INCREASE IN CASES OF PETS INGESTING POLYURETHANE GLUE Imagine this scenario: a young boxer pup gets into a tube of polyurethane glue, accidentally left out when his owners were doing home repairs. By the next morning the pup is vomiting, and his abdomen is swollen and tender. A visit to the veterinarian reveals that the expanding adhesive did just that-expand-in the dog's stomach, turning into a hard, solidified mass requiring emergency surgery. But what's really astounding? The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center is seeing more and more cases just like this one.

Regards,

Pop`

Reply to
Pop`

Read about that in some WW mag recently. Apparently, Gorilla Glue and similar glues smell like peanut butter or maple syrup or something to a dog. He eats it, and it swells up to the size of a Nerf football in his stomach and has to be surgically removed.

Reply to
boorite

This happened to the pet of one of this group's posters.

Reply to
dingbat