Frustrated in High Point

Page 1 of 2

Got home from work, ate dinner, and off to the work shop. Ahhh! Serenity...
Started work on my future son's maple dresser (due in Feb). I thought the legs would be a good place to start, yeah good idea.
Jointed a corner square on the leg stock and started to rip to width, 1.75" (plus a smidge for the planer). Started the rip and I blew the dam breaker. Try a slower feed rate! Yeah, brilliant idea! Loaded up the next leg stock in front of the saw and cranked her on and started my s-l-o-w feed, and pop, blew the breaker again! Ahh crap. Serenity out the window.
I need a beefier saw dam it!!! My bandsaw might have to wait!
--
Stoutman
http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmelissa/woodworking_frames.htm

1.75"
breaker.
Or a new blade? Oh - forget that idea. Don't know what the hell I was thinking. Yes - you need a new saw! And maybe a new router too. Can't have either without a couple new chisels. Probably should get an new ROS while you're at it. If it were me, I'd be using this as the excuse to get that new welder too.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I'm guessing you haven't seen my saw.
--
Stoutman
http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmelissa/woodworking_frames.htm

How's he going to get all this home?

=THAT= is the necessary excuse to buy the new utility trailer. *grin*
stop the small, petty thinking. Obviously, he needs a new pickup.
Steve in Pittsboro

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:36:15 GMT, "Steve Peterson"

He's thinking environmentally friendly. No need for a truck if you only need to haul tools home ocassionally.

ROS
get
Simple - new truck.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:33:35 -0500, Robatoy wrote:

Getting it home is easy ... getting it past SWMBO is gonna be the real challenge!
Bill

You might just need a new breaker.
Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /

Ever the voice of reason, Tom.
Can you switch your saw over to 220V? I did it with mine, along with my shaper, and the difference is dramatic. It draws half the current, of course, and now it accelerates much more quickly on startup and doesn't dim the lights.
It requires that you add a 220 breaker to your panel, and install a 220V outlet. Nothing too complicated, unless your breaker box is clear on the other side of the house or has no free slots. I live just up the road from you in Oak Ridge if you ever care to see my implementation.
Josh

I dont know. How do i find out if the motor can handle 220? other than just trying it.

READ the directions. <grin>
Seriously. look at the 'plate' on the motor. If it specifies two voltages and two amperage levels, it can be wired for either 120V or 240V circuits.
If you still have the manual, it should tell you exactly how to rewire it (it usually just involves moving a couple of jumper wires). If not, Delta should have it online. Definitely do NOT just plug it into a 220V recepticle as is, not that the plug should fit into such a recepticle anyway.
If the motor can be rewired for 220, that info will be on the motor somewhere. If you can't find it, don't do it. :-)
But I'm on board with Tom. Sure seems like that saw should be able to rip right through a couple inches of maple. It's the blade or the breaker. (Without watching the cut, I also wonder if maybe you got no splitter on that thing and the wood is pinching the blade. But that should also squeal and make burn marks.)
I had to replace a breaker after it blew out once, then just kept breaking every time I turned on the saw. The new one don't blow when the saw turns on.
Then again, never let it be said I stopped somebody from gittin a new toy. I'd want the bandsaw before I got a new TS, but maybe you really want a new TS. Therefore, gopher it.

Oh course maybe he can get a package a TS and BS deal and solve both problems. ;~)
John

Hell, I should hope that after he buys the table saw, the router, the chisels, the ROS, the welder, the trailer and the damned pickup, they'd throw in the band saw!
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Does that model have an induction motor? or universal?