Freud 1/4-3/8 Box Joint 8" Blades

Happened to order this from Amazon and they had a 20% off promo sale going so the total cost was $65.38. Since I have the prime there isn't a shipping cost. Anyone considerding such a purchase might want to look.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Happened to order this from Amazon and they had a 20% off promo sale going so the total cost was $65.38. Since I have the prime there isn't a shipping cost. Anyone considerding such a purchase might want to look. ================================================================================ What is the advantage of the Box Joint blade over the dado stack? Less than $5.00 in price.

Reply to
CW

Flat bottoms.

And if you are like me with a Ridge Dado, 1/4" ain't 1/4".. when I put my two outside blades together, I get 9/32... Fng BS

Reply to
tiredofspam

The Freud box joint blades do what you expect them to do in the sizes you expect and probably form here on out for a hobbyist.

You might compare the advantage of a box of 100 square drive screws from McFeeley's for $6 to of the screws sold at the big box in the plastic bags, 8 pcs for 89 cents. Actually McFeeley's is most often less expensive for a far superior product.

Reply to
Leon

"CW" wrote in news:HJOdnTrsVZaUsinNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Two differences... They're actually the width they advertise and they cut a flat bottom dado.

Larry

Reply to
Larry

Everyone else pretty much covered it. It's main attraction to me was the flat bottom. Unfortunately my Dado set was more then a $5 difference. I was willing to pay more to get the Frued adjustable dado set for it's convenience.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M