Freud 1/4-3/8 Box Joint 8" Blades

Happened to order this from Amazon and they had a 20% off promo sale going so the total cost was $65.38. Since I have the prime there isn't a shipping cost. Anyone considerding such a purchase might want to look.
Mike M
"Mike M" wrote in message
Happened to order this from Amazon and they had a 20% off promo sale going so the total cost was $65.38. Since I have the prime there isn't a shipping cost. Anyone considerding such a purchase might want to look. ===============================================================================What is the advantage of the Box Joint blade over the dado stack? Less than $5.00 in price.
On 11/26/2012 10:10 PM, CW wrote:

Flat bottoms.
And if you are like me with a Ridge Dado, 1/4" ain't 1/4".. when I put my two outside blades together, I get 9/32... Fng BS
On 11/26/2012 9:10 PM, CW wrote:

The Freud box joint blades do what you expect them to do in the sizes you expect and probably form here on out for a hobbyist.
You might compare the advantage of a box of 100 square drive screws from McFeeley's for $6 to of the screws sold at the big box in the plastic bags, 8 pcs for 89 cents. Actually McFeeley's is most often less expensive for a far superior product.

Two differences... They're actually the width they advertise and they cut a flat bottom dado.
Larry

Everyone else pretty much covered it. It's main attraction to me was the flat bottom. Unfortunately my Dado set was more then a $5 difference. I was willing to pay more to get the Frued adjustable dado set for it's convenience.
Mike M