Formaldehyde Free Plywood at HD

Page 3 of 3
On 2/9/2010 6:09 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Amazing ... I generally cut a good deal of plywood, and, in basically a one man shop, wrestling sheets onto a table saw, or anywhere, has gotten tougher the older I get.
There are two sheetgood cuts that are always problematic on a table saw: the cross cut that exceeds the fence's capacity and is too wide for using the miter gauge; and those long, angled cuts that seem to pop up in every kitchen, for corner cabinets, angled cabinets, and the shelves that go into them.
With this saw, and with the plywood on a 4 x 8 cutting table (loaded off the tail gate of the truck), I can "rough cut" off a cutting diagram to manageable size in preparation for batch cutting on the table saw; or, for those cross cuts too long/wide for the table saw, do one, two or more "precision" cuts at a time, depending upon the thickness of the ply.
Where the FS75 REALLY shines, and with those guide rails, is making long, accurate, angled cuts, something that is basically impossible to do on a table saw with any degree of precision or safety.
And it is a lot cheaper than a sliding table, which still has limitations for the above.
Plus the fact that no clamping whatsoever is needed for most cuts using the guide rail(s) saves a ton of time.

Nothing surprises me about Festool these days ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

It's not _really_ all that difficult to get a song out of a power tool.
All you need is a bearing that is a little out.
Hit the power switch, and you get....
"Squealings....
Nothing more than squealings...
ow,, ow, ow. squealings...."
On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 17:37:10 -0600, the infamous Swingman

Damn! I relied on my dexterity to make the 90 degree transition the last time I did a prefab countertop. I'll build one of those jigs for the next one, that's for sure. It turned out fine, but it was a real stress point for me. (BTW, any sharp blade will make a perfect cut in laminate. You don't need a gazillion tooth plywood blade. A 24-tooth B&D Piranha blade made my cut for me without a hitch.)

You Festeringtool addicts, I swear. ;)
Have you and Toy been here? <heh heh heh> http://www.festooljunkie.com/index.htm
-- In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it. -- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 01:47:57 -0500, the infamous "Bill"

If your table saw can kick a full sheet of 3/4" ply at you, it's gotta be at least 20 horsepower.
I use a straightedge and skilsaw to piece plywood, OSB, and doorskins 'cuz Dina's butt isn't that wide or deep.