For Canadians: Anyone tried Mastercraft Maximum table saw?

How did you find it? Quality, ruggedness, compare to other brand names?

Reply to
Newbie

We've ought some stuff for our plant (ie cordless drill) As long as it's the top end, we have been very pleased. Price is in line with B+D, quality great so far not one complaint in 1-2 years. The only problem I have is the CTC brand, oh how we are conditioned!

Actually, I would consider for my home workshop.

Dave

Reply to
BoB

Mastercraft line is problematic. Although the tool may be of decent quality, it also may not be. The problem is there is really not any good way to determine the quality of the tool. I've had a Mastercraft reciprocating saw and a Mastercraft grinder for nearly 10 years with significant use and abuse and they're still going strong.

A big problem is what happens if the tool breaks down. You can't get parts very easily or cheaply, if they are available at all.

I would buy 'disposible' tools or hand tools from the Mastercraft or what do they call it now, Maxximum?, but I would not buy any expensive precision machinery in these lines.

steve

Reply to
Mr Fixit eh

Close the CTC catalogue and keep looking Newbie. You can do better.

good luck Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

I don't know much about this particular saw but my experience with Mastercraft tools has been they performed neither great nor bad. For the price they cost they are in general good tools in my opinion, usually reliable but not as powerful or ergonomic as the better brands, but still ok, and much cheaper usually then the name brand names. In general the more tools I aquired the higher end I have bought and there is a difference.

For table saws in Canada, I recommend going to House of Tools and checking out their contracter saws if you want to make furniture. Oak. Maple, Cedar, whatever is too expensive not too have a quality saw with a powerful motor, straight, wobble free fence and possible even dust collection.

Reply to
sssss