Fly tying Desk/bench/table???

Looking for plans for a fly tying station of some sort. Purchase or Free. Just at a road block finding some. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance. Happy Holidays to all!
NEMISportsman wrote:

I'm not sure where you'd find plans per se, but there's not a lot to it. Decide what size you want, how much storage you need, how you want to hold spools and other stuff you keep on top of the desk and get a sheet of graph paper and start drawing.
When I built my portable tying station I also googled around searching "fly station", "flytying desk", etc. and found some pics to help me get ideas. Finally, there's a group called rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying that has some folks who might have ideas.
Here's what I came up with:
http://www.swt.edu/~cv01/flystation01.jpg and
http://www.swt.edu/~cv01/flystation04.jpg I made it out of wicked curly cherry and quilted maple, with q-sawn sycamore for the arms and "box" to support the thread spools. Brass rod for spool storage. Poplar for the drawer and Spanish cedar for the drawer bottom. The finish was BLO followed by superblonde Paddylac, rubbed out with wet-dry sandpaper and finished it off with wax on 0000 steel wool.
Of course it's not nearly so clean and purty now that I've been using it to tie for a while. It's super-handy, because it sits on my workbench when I'm using it, but I can just lift it off and put it away when I need space on the bench for ww'ing.
Chuck Vance
There are a number of jeweler's benches on ebay that may give you some ideas.

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:04:10 -0500, "NEMISportsman"
depths:

Um, shouldn't this have been posted over on the er, 'proper' group, ALT.INSECT.BONDAGE?
========================================================= Save the + http://www.diversify.com Endangered SKEETS! + Web Application Programming =========================================================
Geez Larry,
eeeeuuuwwww, that was a real groaner! LOL Wish I'd thought of it.
Happy holidays,
Dan Harriman Orange, Texas

I just received a Cabelas catolog in the mail yesterday with pictures of a few different fly-tying benches/stands. Doesn't look to difficult to go from there.
NEMISportsman wrote:

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:04:10 -0500, "NEMISportsman"

When I built mine, I did a google search using the image section. Came up with several good ideas and saw some pretty nice ones! The one I did is still the "prototype" out of pine. It is a box with hinged lid and front that swings down for the work serface (like a secretary's desk). Has several doors and holders in the "inside" section. Have the plan on AutoCAD that I could send if you want, but it is not that well detailed. Kinda flew on this one as it was to be more functional that pretty. Will do the final one differently as this one is a little bulky.
Allyn