Fluorescent Lighting for Shop/Garage

Page 4 of 4

I have no idea what "JJ" is but for weather there are several web sites that do as good a job on local forecasts as your average TV weatherman. "Weather Underground" is one--<http://www.wunderground.com/ .
For entertainment programming, between Hulu and the various networks' Web sites you can see most shows without paying for them, but you will have to sit through ads.
J. Clarke wrote: We have been discussing the idea of dropping Comcast

Thanks, it looks like Weather Underground will meet all of my weather info needs, and then some. As Comcast has been raises my rates, with predictable regularity, it will give me some satisfaction to "downgrade my service". That is a phrase they repeated to me over and over the last time I asked them to remove a "feature" I didn't use. I muse that they changed the name of their service from "Comcast" to "Xfinity" because the former one had too much brand recognition!--or maybe their new goal is to raise their prices to Xfinity! ; ) For me, and probably lots of folks here, The WoodWright Shop is near the top of my entertainment programming--and the mention of this ensures that my post contains ww content!
Bill
Larry Jaques wrote:

I wondered once what folks thought of me here. Now I have the answer, and I could not have guessed. I'm glad you included "hammered", because I am known for hammering things down real good so they don't get away! lol

We gotcher number, boy. ;)
-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Looks as if Lumens per watt would be the deciding factor - unless the price of the bulbs varied significantly. But you could determine Lumens Per Dollar Per Watt, no?
You could buy the 25 bulbs from HD, take two out and compare the brightness and, if not much better than the others, slip them back in the box and return the whole thing - just don't break any in the process!