Flea market Planes I found today

spent $61 on planes I found at the flea market today. Gave $15 for a Bailey #7, $20 for a Stanley SW #6, 20 for a #5 that only had MADE IN USA on the body and $6 for a Stanley #102 block plane. I posted pics in the binary group a.b.p.w. if you want to see and tell me if I got a deal or got screwed on them.
KY
Kentucky Highlander wrote:

Assuming the throats are ok, not two rusted and all the parts are there you made out pretty well - even if you only got the #6 & #7
YOU SUCK! (sorry, it's required per the FAQ)
charlie b
LOL
The opening in the sole of the planes were not damaged in the least. Mostly just dirt and surface rust. The little 102 had a nick in the body on top of the side walls, looked like it got against a grinder. I'm not a collector I just bought them to clean up and use. I don't have a jointer yet, been about to pull the trigger on buying one, but other stuff keeps coming up.
KY

Bailey
the
screwed
I don't have a jointer yet, been about

Yes you have. The #7 is certainly a jointer, at least in Neander terms.
Oh, and, BTW, you suck, bigstyle! Enjoy..
Cheers,
Frank
An elderly friend gave me a102, unused and still in its box, a couple of years ago. He said he bought it about fifteen years before that.
Hardly a day goes by that I don't use it.
-- Conehead

binary
Boy, you make me feel really good about the #5 I got for $11 yesterday!
I bought a Fulton #5 a month or so ago for $12, haven't gotten around to cleaning it up yet. If they are in good shape I'll usually go $20 on one.

Rust hunting musty be pretty fair in Kentucky these days. We were in Louisville last month and a friend who is a big bargain hunter presented me with a #7 and a #5 that he had found. Wouldn't take anything for them either. Great friend, that Terry.
Dick Durbin Tallahassee