Fisher&Paykel Ovens

I need a new convection oven. The single (as opposed to double oven) Fisher&Paykel looks like a first class oven - bit better than the Electrolux and Bosch. However, I am getting mixed reviews about reliability and service on line for the F&K . My spouse thinks that only the bad stuff is being reported. How about an objective survey from some very practical folks on the WW group who have an F&K oven (single or double).
Thanks Len
On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 12:09:15 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@uiuc.edu"
Fisher&Paykel looks like a first class oven - bit better than the Electrolux and Bosch. However, I am getting mixed reviews about reliability and service on line for the F&K . My spouse thinks that only the bad stuff is being reported. How about an objective survey from some very practical folks on the WW group who have an F&K oven (single or double).

You may get a better response posting this to a group like rec.food.cooking
My impression of F & P is not good though, but never owned one.
On 9/5/2012 2:09 PM, snipped-for-privacy@uiuc.edu wrote:

Fisher&Paykel looks like a first class oven - bit better than the Electrolux
and Bosch. However, I am getting mixed reviews about reliability and
service on line for the F&K . My spouse thinks that only the bad stuff
is being reported. How about an objective survey from some very
practical folks on the WW group who have an F&K oven (single or double).

No experience here other than they are strongly pushed on "America's Test Kitchen" show.
--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .

Doesn't that mean F&P gave them $20k worth of ovens in return for the ATK morons hawking their wares?
Hayseuss Crisco, 1,500 teevee channels and _nothing_ on...
-- The most powerful factors in the world are clear ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will. -- J. Arthur Thomson

No info on the F&P but SWMBO likes the Electrolux a lot - enough that I'll probably be buying another soon after she moves to the new place.
On 9/5/2012 10:06 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I thought Electrolux was a sweeper? I'd go with Festool before Electrolux.
I bet bet fewer WW's know what a F&K is than what a Festool is. That's saying something...
--
Jack

Nope. It's an appliance manufacturer; one of the largest. Perhaps you've heard of Frigidaire?

Electrolux is a sweeper, but the other Electrolux is a Swedish appliance manufacturer. About 10 or so years ago, they bought out the company that evolved into Frigidaire.
The original Frigidaire was a General Motors division that made good appliances. It was sold off, but the name was worth quite a bit.
Westinghouse, White, Hotpoint, Crosly, Edison Products and a few others became part of White Consolidated Industries but they changed the name to Frigidaire after doing some market research. The name had a good reputation and was associated with a quality product even though they were cheapened over the years. AB Electrolux bought out WCI in about the mid 90's or so.
snipped-for-privacy@uiuc.edu wrote:

--------------------------------------- Can't comment on F&P equipment; however, if you also are considering a toaster oven, the Breville with quartz rod heating elements is tough to beat.
At $249.00, it's Festool pricing, but have found it worth every penny paid for it.
Lew
On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 23:07:49 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

Is it convection? I've thought for some time about buying a large sized toaster type over with convection capability, but I've been wary of what convection cooking can do in such an oven.
Anybody here use such a beast? How useful is convection cooking in a toaster type oven?
"Dave" wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/9lnfw6f
Since they are based in OZ, CDN customs may not be a PITA.
Lew

8 years of daily baking in both our single and doubles. No issues. Burned out 3 others in the 3 years prior. My wife averages 12 dozen cookies a day and 8 to 10 loaves of bread.