First trip to sawmill tomorrow

Page 2 of 2

time involved. How much time and cost is involved in glueing up big panels of expensive hardwood?
Besides, with a good finish and some attention to the real wood edgeing, etc., you can make a project look real nice.
But if you build anything on a large scale, particularly big buildins, you will need a wheelbarrow full of money to pay for materials.
Wed, Dec 21, 2005, 3:52pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (MattS) is going on his first field trip. <snip> I don't want to walk in looking like a total newbie. I think you're SOL then. I'd start with a phone call. Then if you say something really, really, stupid, at least they won't start laughing if they see you on the street. I'd ask if they sell to the public, and go on from there. Being me, if they are willing to sell to me, I'd also ask if could get some sort of tour of their operation - I'd probably do that with any place I'd not been before - and, it's for sure they won't let you wander around on your own.
I don't have problems with going into a place I've never been before, and getting along with the people there. Went to a junkyard awhile back, that I'd not been to before. Wound up getting one of the guys driving me around the yard, until I found the door I neeed. Not only that, even sold one of them an old engine I had in the back of my truck. I just figure that no matter how much I know about something, the guys there are making a living working at it, so they're gonna know more than me about it. So, in this case, you can probably let the dog eat your homework.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?. - Granny Weatherwax
Tell us where you are. I'm sure someone can suggest a nice sawmill to go to.
brian