Finishing decorative base for blanket chest

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Have a question for doing the boards that form the legs for the bottom of the chest. The front and side boards, 3/4" thick red oak, have a curvy design and beings I don't have a band saw to cut these with, my plan is to make a template out of 1/8 hard board and rough cut with my jig saw then finish with a router and flush trim bit. Would the router part be best done on the router table? Is this a good reason for the pin in the table? If so, is there any particular distance and position from the cutter to install a pin? I think I have a pin from an older router table set up but never used it. Thanks for your help.
--
Paul
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com