Finish Nailer opinions-revisited.

I should have been clearer in my original post about using a finish nailer to assemble furniture. I assemble chairs and stools, from parts, rungs, seats, rails, etc, that I purchase. Many other assemblers use threaded drive screws from underneath to attach rungs to legs. This would be after glueing the joint. I don't like the looks of the screw head, and thought a

15ga or 16ga finish nailer would serve the same purpose of holding the two parts together and the nail would be almost invisible. So do you like the Porter Cable (I've heard their 41XP is oil-less), the Senco or Craftsman? Which are you currently using?
Reply to
Ol' Texan

Wrong tool for the job. The screws, while not the most elegant, at least have some functional purpose in holding the parts together if the glue joint fails. A finish nail hasn't a hope in hell against a large modern day lard butt.

Reply to
mp