Finger Joints

I there an easy way to set the bit and router to get matching joints?
I use the trail and error method and it is a pain?
Any help is appreciated.
al deady
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 21:32:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Al,
Check http://sawdustmaking.com/Box%20Joint/boxjointjig.html or google "box joint jig" to find some pages with even better descriptions.
All the best,
--
Kenneth

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 21:32:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If you have a router table, use a sheet of hardboard, melamine, smooth ply, etc to serve as a spacer. The trick is have the proper thickness. Label this piece "For Finger Joint Gauge" and use it for future painless matching joints.