Finally finished something.

Page 2 of 2

Lee Michaels wrote:

Actually, it is Jewellery, according to the OED. The OED mentions that a common American spelling is Jewelry.
No matter the spelling, that is one fine looking piece of wood.
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:38:02 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,

Bloody nice, Mike. The only thing I'd do to it is pull those hinges and finish the mortises, then reinstall the hinges. Kudos.
---------------------------------------------- Never attempt to traverse a chasm in two leaps http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design ==========================================================
Very nice. I'm sure someone will appreciate all your efforts.
Many here, as well, generally consider cottonwood as firewood. There are many wood types that people don't pay attention to, because the types have become rare as per commercial usage. I have a nearby sawmill available to me and have often had logs milled: Magnolia has green streaks in the grain; Catalpa is often patterned really nice and is a fairly dense wood; Eastern Red Cedar is a favorite of mine; Red Maple can be burled, curly or birdseye; Pecan and hickory are somewhat comparable to one another; and Persimmon is a type of ebony..... to name a few. Our propensity for hurricanes has, in the past, made access to these trees all the more easy for me, and usually free for the taking. Don't be hesitant to "experiment" with not-so-normal of wood types!
The Sonny entity posted thusly:

An uncle of mine made a clock using primarily Juniper wood, and man, was it nice! Reminded me of Tennessee Red Cedar.
Mike:
A really awsome piece of wood and some nice work to make it look right. Well done!
Regards.
Tom
(Box maker, gambler, and general neer-do-well)