Finally finished something.

Apologize for the dead links, very rusty on the web page stuff.

2 hours of online tutorial later! - please try this link

OneThou

Yes, MOP = mother of pearl

OneThou

Reply to
Lee Michaels

The OneThou entity posted thusly:

That's VERY nice! If you don't mind a few questions...

How thick are the sides?

Is there a rabbet on the underside of the lid or on the top of the sides?

What sort of hinging does it have?

Reply to
Oleg Lego

Thanks, glad my link now works, I'll post some more boxes up later now that I have it figured out. The sides are about 1/4" thick. No rabbet, the "tongue" keeps the lid properly oriented when closed. The hinging is small brass rod, inserted thru sides into the lid, first time I tried this and worked out well much better than small brass hinges I had been using on prior boxes. Very stable with no play. Just taped the lid in place and drilled thru sides and about 1/2" into the lid. This leaves the pins exposed on the sides but they are polished and nice decorative effect.

Joe.

Reply to
OneThou