Fastener for 5/8 Melamine (sp?)

I am having trouble fastening 5/8 melamine together reliably.... What can I use to screw / glue it together... short of scraping the corners off and gluing it together
HELP....
I use Roo glue to glue melamine. you don't have to remove the finish; it's designed for melamine and works great. otherwise for screws, you'd use Confirmat screws. but you have to get a special bit for drilling the stepped holes and it isn't cheap.
dave
Mike Robinson wrote:

These are the confirmat screws BAD is speaking of; http://store.yahoo.com/squaredrive/fasteners-screws-specialty-screws-european-cabinetry-screws-confirmat-style-screws.html