FA: Delta DJ-30 12" Jointer, New in Crate, Cheap!

Hello Everyone,
I am selling a brand new in crate Delta DJ-30 12" jointer on Ebay,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item869555062
Amazon sells this jointer for $3799.00, my reserve is tons less, below dealer cost even!
Thanks,
David.
Would be a good deal if it was NOT 3phase motor
Good luck
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:30:54 -0500, "David Eisan"

Depends on the "final" price...the motor can be switched out for well under $300. That is one very expensive and sweet jointer.
John wrote:

Dear John,

The reserve on this auction is in the 4 figures *less* than the lowest price on the internet. You can buy a lot of single phase motors for that kinda coin.
David.
David Eisan wrote:

Huh? They go for about $4,000 more or less. So 4 figures less, take away the thousands (one), the hundreds (two), the tens (three), and the ones (four). So you're selling it for less than a dollar? Methinks probably not. :)
Hello there,

I was intimating that my reserve is greater than $1000 less than the best price I could find on the internet. $1000 is a four figure number.
Thanks,
David.
Silvan wrote:

Three figures = $100 Four = $1000 Five = $10000 Six = $100000 etc...
The statement "He has a six-figure income." would typically mean the person makes at least $100,000 a year.
"Four figures less" means at least $1000.
Does that help? <G>
Barry
I forgot to mention:
We have a local tool dealer with a DJ-30 sitting on the floor for $3200 US.
Barry
Barry
Where is that DJ30 located??
John
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:19:06 GMT, B a r r y

John wrote:

On the dealer's showroom floor... :) (sorry, just couldn't control meself...) :(
John wrote:

Coastal Tool, West Hartford, CT.
They only sell stationary tools locally, they do not ship them.
Barry
please contact me at snipped-for-privacy@ccrtc.com
I would be interested!
David Eisan wrote:

Oh, hell. I tried the shipping calculator and it said there was nobody willing to move it. With my luck the shipping would run more than the jointer. I guess I just keep my little benchtop jointer.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

It would just about take up my entire shop, so I am not a potential customer, but just my $0.02...
I never bid on anything where the reserve has not been met. Why bother? Unless I really want it, I won't even watch it.
toller wrote:

Because if the reserve is not met, the seller may offer it to you off-line for your bid.
BTDT, got the items to prove it.
Barry
Plus $720 (incl $60 insurance) to ship it... Or, are those Canadian $? ;-)
Might be better if a local bought it.
Renata
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:30:54 -0500, "David Eisan"