Etiquette on FS announcements on the WREC?

Any objection to the occasional for sale announcement here? I've got a couple of items gathering dust that may be useful to one of the group.
Larry
"Gramp's shop" wrote:

If it goes to windward while close hauled, keeps the beer cold, and snuggles into a quiet anchorage at the end of the day, NO PROBLEM.
If it leads to a lot of work that cuts into summer sailing, not so sure.<G> Lew
On Wednesday, June 5, 2013 9:42:06 PM UTC-5, Gramp's shop wrote:

No objection, here. Even if I'm not buying, I like to see pics (link), too.
Sonny

The answer to your question title the post with FS/For Sale " what it is". If we are not interested in buying, we are not interested in reading, putting for sale in the title lets us know not to read.
On 6/5/2013 8:42 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

your house, or would we take turns shipping them around the country, or what?

Some people will thank you, others will gripe, a few will flame. Personally I have no issue with non-commercial for sale messages in the newsgroup, just put FS or FOR SALE in the subject line.
Keep in mind this newsfeed can be seem any place that offers newsgroups in the world.
Maybe craigslist would be a better venue. Or if it is old stuff, the BYOD on Old Wood Working Machines.
Mike in Ohio
On 6/5/2013 10:42 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

30 minutes from my house, 1/2 mile from my mothers house.The FS has always been considered adequate. It is good to give your location so people don't ask stupid question & be clear the freight is on them. Also let them know who is responsible for packing if it is a larger item, or only for local pick up.
Mike M
I've never found dust useful. Others might feel differently.

It's got its uses, but they're few and far between.
Alton Brown used hardwood sawdust to produce smoke for smoking fish, I believe.
Sawdust absorbs liquids, so can be good for cleaning some spills.
Mix it with glue and you can make a wood filler.
Throw a handful into a fire and boom instant "fireworks". Steam engine owners will sometimes throw sawdust in the firebox of their engines and create a spark show.
It doesn't take a whole lot to do any of these things, way more than the average working shop generates. Therefore, I make the following offer: Free Sawdust! You pick up.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.