Engineer's square

So I bought a 3" engineer's square for tool set-up. Used it a couple of weeks ago. Needed it today, but damn if the box isn't empty. Must have set it down someplace (as usual) and can't find. Of course, it will turn up next week.
Larry
On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 16:39:21 -0700, Gramp's shop wrote:

You know that it is hiding in plain sight, probably mocking your inability to see it.
These days I lose stuff in arms reach.
basilisk

My personal theory is that scientists have developed invisibility/cloaking technology, but they're not very good at aiming it yet. That's why you can look in the same place 3 times and not see the thing you're looking for.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 6/29/2013 8:29 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

Nah. It's just the perversity of inanimate objects.
On 30 Jun 2013 01:29:35 GMT, Puckdropper

Glad it's not just me. I thought that's why you had 2 or 3 of every thing. It started with me when I had everything in storage. It was easier to buy another then find it. No were not talking table saws I can always find it.
Mike M

Also remember that modern science has never abolutely proven that things cannot just disappear...
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)
nntp-01.dc1.easynews.com:

I've been doing that since I was very young. I put something down and have to look for it a few minutes later. It usually hasn't gone anywhere, I just can't find it.
It's something you don't grow out of...
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

"Gramp's shop" wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There was a time in my life that I passed out small screwdrivers that also had a small magnet on one end, screwdriver on the other to customers.
I advised the customer that each screwdriver was also supplied with a pair of invisible legs that allowed the screwdrivers to disappear.
This happened frequently.
Maybe your square also has a similar set of legs.
Lew
Hum -
The Sun spit out three massive blasts in one day! It is sliding into a different mode ???? Hope not as the extra heat from it we don't need.
Since the blasts were filled with massive amounts of all sorts of particles - wonder if a space rift didn't open it up and suck in your square and lots of other stuff.
Martin
On 6/29/2013 6:39 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

On 6/29/2013 4:39 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

All tools need a mate. That's why the minute you buy the replacement, the original will show up. Aging ain't for sissies. Sigh.     mahalo,     jo4hn
On 6/29/2013 7:39 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

Nope. Not until you buy a new one.
"Greg Guarino" wrote in message

When I was a kid, after not being able to find a tool my father often bought hand tools such as tape measures, hammers, screw drivers, etc. 2 or more at a time so that one could be found when needed... After major cleanups the tool chests were over flowing with same... the missing and newly bought combined! Me... after that experience it is a rarity that I don't put a tool away!
John

And there's a corollary to buying a new one. It states that as long as you save the receipt so you can return the second one unused when you find the first one ~ you'll never find the first one.
In other words, you have to ding, dent and scrape the second one before you'll ever have a chance to find the first one.