Empty cdr spindles,any workshop use?

We`ve all got them,the base with the clear plastic covers. 50 or 100 cdr spindles. Anyone found a use for them in the workshop other than holding nails or screws in the covers. A stonger platic bottle modified would work better for screws.
On 19 Oct 2003 09:26:48 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@nycap.rr.com (Teej) wrote:

Doughnut storage.
Glue 9 of them into a square and make a Tic-Tac-Toe board for the grandkiddies !
Paint dead CDs red one side black on the other.
Great, just gave away my 'make millions' idea.
Oh well..... have fun.. Jay
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:26:13 -0400, "j.b. miller"

Got a bandsaw and a fine blade, with a kerf the same width as a CD thickness ?
Clamp an inch or so of CD's together tightly (the CD-R store is useful for this) and then saw 8 radial slots into the edge. Do a few hundred, throw away the cracked ones, and you've made a slot together construction toy.
Especially pretty with 15 seconds microwave time to craze the optical surface of a CD-R wthout melting it.

I tried, ended up tossing them. I like the mayo jars for storage better.
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
They hold abrasive disks for a side grinder pretty well.