ECE Jointer plane

I purchased a used plane but I have no instructions for setting it up.

It has an adjustment for moving the blade up and down and another adjustment at the end for putting tension on the blade. Does anyone know the correct procedure for setting the blade?

Regards

Reply to
altoonaPillarRock

when you sight down the sole you should only see about the thickness of a hair protruding above the sole. this way you'll get paper thin shavings.

Reply to
KYHighlander

Loosen both screws. Then tighten the screw at the back until it starts to pull the blade up. Set the blade depth with the adjustment screw. Here's a picture of the mechanism, taken from the patent description:

Wolfgang Jordan

You are right. But the jointer has the same blade adjuster:

Wolfgang Jordan

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Reply to