ECE Jointer plane

I purchased a used plane but I have no instructions for setting it up.
It has an adjustment for moving the blade up and down and another adjustment at the end for putting tension on the blade. Does anyone know the correct procedure for setting the blade?
Regards
when you sight down the sole you should only see about the thickness of a hair protruding above the sole. this way you'll get paper thin shavings.
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"altoonaPillarRock" <peter_p snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
altoonaPillarRock wrote:

Loosen both screws. Then tighten the screw at the back until it starts to pull the blade up. Set the blade depth with the adjustment screw. Here's a picture of the mechanism, taken from the patent description:
http://www.holzwerken.de/museum/patent/primus_pat.jpg
Wolfgang
--
"Holzbearbeitung mit Handwerkzeugen": http://www.holzwerken.de
Forum Handwerkzeuge:
jev wrote:

You are right. But the jointer has the same blade adjuster:
http://www.ecemmerich.com/primus-hobel.html
Wolfgang
--
"Holzbearbeitung mit Handwerkzeugen": http://www.holzwerken.de
Forum Handwerkzeuge:
I've got one out in my shed with the original box and, I think, instructions. I'll try to remember to bring it in and post their instructions. Joe
altoonaPillarRock wrote:

Found the plane, in a different location, but apparently I decided I no longer needed the instructions and the box has disappeared. Sorry for the false alarm. Joe