Easy Wood Tools

A quicky product review.
I got a set of these tools, the mini set, the rougher, the finisher, and the detailer. VERY easy to learn and VERY easy to use. The learning curve to turning has almost disappeared. It is hard to screw up with these tools and they reportedly stay sharp for a very long time. When dull rotate the carbide cutting tip and you have a new cutting surface. When the carbide tip is toast, replace it for about $15~$18. I was told that a tip was good for about 300 pen blanks.
Anyway my other 15 or so tools will collect dust and NO MORE SHARPENING!

Are they secret or are you going to give us a link?
Larry

Duh! For all of the other people as dumb as I you can look here...
http://www.easywoodtools.com
On 10/9/2012 9:56 PM, Larry wrote:

Actually I copied the link with the sole purpose of pasting it in the review and then did not. Good thing the title said it all. :~)
On 10/9/2012 9:37 PM, Leon wrote:

I've been using the mini finisher exclusively for all of my pen turning for about a year now (well, except for tenons on those pens that require such). Works equally well on wood and acrylics.
Matt
On 10/10/2012 10:01 AM, Matt wrote:

Good to know about the acrylics. Have you turned any of the metals or stones blanks yet?
On 10/10/2012 8:52 AM, Leon wrote:

Not really interested in the metals, but I do have a couple of the stone blanks I'll be doing this winter, maybe after the first of the year. I did turn a small piece of the Tru-stone material that was left over after sizing the blanks for a pen (still in my "to do" box) - that turned well, and polished up nicely going to 12,000 grit.
Matt