Dutch doors

Web cam! Then he or she can check (cell phone) while finishing commuting to work. Or while sitting at work.

Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Reply to
Markem

Hmmm, you say there is no such thing, then go on to describe how that very thing works.

I'm confused. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

On 2/2/2009 9:49 AM -MIKE- spake thus:

There's no such thing as a "one-way" mirror--that is, a mirror that can always be seen through from one side and that always reflects from the other side. As he explained, it depends on different light levels on each side.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

The mirror is not directional, it is the lighting that makes it so.

Reply to
J. Clarke

To be more specific, the side you are able to see through tends to be poorly lighted, the other side is very well lighted. If you reversed the lighting, the mirror will almost work as well, they tend to be somewhat directional.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Read my reply to John.

Do you guys get woodies from bringing up pointless and useless semantics? :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I wasn't confused with his answer. I was confused as to why he felt the need to wallow in pointless, useless semantics.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Right, but google "one way mirror" and you get a thousand results with the same thing you posted, including from companies that make them.

That's like telling someone there's no such thing as hamburger because there's no ham in it. So what? We all no what we're talking about.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Welcome to USENET.

Reply to
J. Clarke

IIRC the burger got its name from the burg where it first showed up not = from its constituents.

P D Q=20

Reply to
PDQ

Probably because you can't turn off all the lights in the church during mass?

-Kevin

Reply to
LEGEND65

On 2/2/2009 2:59 PM PDQ spake thus:

Hamburger = from Hamburg Hot dog = from Frankfurt (both in Germany) (at least so the legends go)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

its constituents.

That would make you treasurer of the club for pointless and useless information. How often do you guys hold your meetings? :-p

Reply to
-MIKE-

not from its constituents.

As often as is required to garner the attention of otherwise useless = nits.

P D Q

Reply to
PDQ

Since we've gone there....

Most churches have more than one light switch. You don't need "all-light/no-light" for them to work. Less-light/more-light works fine, as often does a direct light shining on the "blind" side or simply unscrewing any bulb that is directly above the door on the "seeing" side. We're talking children here, not hardened criminals standing for a lineup.

Reply to
-MIKE-

On 2/2/2009 3:56 PM -MIKE- spake thus:

I see. So with you it's "just the facts, ma'am", is that it? I guess you're a regular Joe Friday.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Useless nits, right. Some of us actually offered useful advice to the OP and others of you....

Hmmm, which are useless again?

Reply to
-MIKE-

I don't have direct experience with police line-ups, but there absolutely is vinyl or polyethylene sheeting that is more transparent in one direction than in the other. It's almost white on one side, and brown on the other, and people on the brown side can see through it pretty well, but on the white side, the whiteness must make the pupils close down and one really can't see anything on the other side. Maybe if you put your eye right up to it, you could, but I don't know, I haven't tried that.

I think I've seen other designs as well.

I don't see why a day care place couldn't use this. It doesn't have any sharp edges.

The plastic can be used alone or it can be stuck to lexan or glass sheeting. Even then it would be no more dangerous than a plain glass window, maybe less.

If you can't find this at a fabric shop or plastic shop, email me and I'll find out where we got it.

Reply to
mm

Uh-oh... now you've done it.

Reply to