Dust Collector sucked a towel ... won't work

My Jet dust collector sucked up a towel ... it went thru the hose, thru the fan and lodged in the short tube between the blower and the collector bag when the motor quit working. The fan spins freely but the motor won't turn on.

Any ideas appreciated

Paul

Reply to
Paul L

is there a reset button on the motor?

Reply to
chaniarts

No ... but I had immediately checked the circuit I thought the collector was on and it was OK. Just now I checked the breaker box and the breaker was tripped. All a ok ...

Thanks for your reply

Paul

Reply to
Paul L

That is one of those Wwhhhhheeeewww moments!

Reply to
RonB

So, you're not going to have to throw in the towel?

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

He almost got fleeced.

Reply to
DGDevin

No matter how great the idea seems in the shower, you need proper clothing before woodworking - running to the shop dressed only in a towel can lead to all sorts of complications ;-)

John

Reply to
news

This thread blows...

Reply to
Joe

THAT goes with the terri-tory!

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Actually, the original problem was it sucked, not blew.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Zero-sum game, if it was sucking somewhere, it was blowing somewhere else. I stand by my pun.

Reply to
Joe

So your DC is no longer on the rag?

Reply to