drill press dust collection - my solution

Pictures of my latest approach to collecting dust and chips from a drill press are shown at

also posted pictures in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

A drill press using a large bit throws off an amazing amount of chips in a perfect 360 degree distribution pattern. Its like a little mini-planer sitting on a table and creates a big mess. I am very pleased with this solution for my circumstances. Perhaps it will stimulate your thinking for your own situation.

Best regards, Bob Davis Houston, Texas

Reply to
Bob

largest of diameter bits for a way long time and the air rushing past will keep the bit from heating up.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I used an aluminum dryer duct on the DP. I can bend it into place and it stays. It's cheap and it works well. The setup also does exactly what UA says it does in regards to airflow.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Looks good. I have been coming in from the back and over a fence and it has been a pain. This looks like a good way of getting close without the duct getting in the way. I am going to give it a try.

Reply to
Frank J. Vitale