dremel 1680 scroll saw

hi...

does anyone have any opinions concerning the dremel 1680 scroll saw? i was thinking of buying the refurbished version from tool king.

thanks

Reply to
Ah10201

I have one that I received brand new for free - pretty good gloat, just got lucky.

Anyway, I have only used it a couple of times and it seems to work pretty well. I don't do a lot of scroll work, but blade changes seem very easy and the saw works as I would expect. The only thing I wish was improved was the air nozzle thing has extremely low air flow. I'm not sure if there's a way for the user to increase it, but I doubt it. The bottom line in my opinion is that if you're not going to do a lot of scroll sawing there's not much sense in buying the $500+ really nice units, and for the money the Dremel seems like a good low-end saw.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

It's a good starter saw. We just upgraded to a DeWalt 788, and our Dremel 1680 is being auctioned on ebay right now:

Doug Miller