Drawer slides

I have a 24" deep pantry closet that I'd like to install slide out shelves in. I'm looking for a full extension, center mount drawer slide to use. I really would prefer to not have the slides mounted on the side of the shelf. The slide out shelf would be mounted on the existing fixed shelf which extends behind the door opening. The center mount slide would have to be heavy duty (for canned goods) and I guess I could use two slides per shelf if necessary. In checking most online catalogs I could only find 3/4 extension slides in the 25 pound capacity range. Thanks for any help!
Tom

A 24" shelf loaded with canned good is a pretty hefty load. I can understand why they'd not make them. I'd surely want two slides for the weight and leverage encountered. How would you mount the slides? Load up a 24" long board with canned goods and try to hold it by a single rail extending from the bottom by 24"and see how much force is required. Personally, I'd look at the side mounts.
What you need to look for is a pantry slide not a drawer slide. http://www.rockler.com/CategoryView.cfm?Cat_IDg scroll down a little for some cheaper ones. --dave

Think about what you are asking the slide to do and the weigh they will carry. Then reconsider full extension slides that mount on the sides and vertically.
I'd go with full extension side mount. Grizzly.com has some decent prices.

This link has 23", full extension, center mount, 75lb capacity
http://www.cabinetparts.com/shop_2006/grouping/?id 2&SID=search

Or, he could go with a heavy duty unit. http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=1&p@169&cat=3,43722,43743&ap=1
http://www.accuride.com/products/woodworking/list.php?c=heavyduty_wa
These folks make slides for "any" application.
You might want to consider a "pantry slide" which is a misnomer since it's really a great big arrangement meant to handle the loads that a pantry might see...
http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/GroupID/Kitchen%20%26%20Bath%20Organizers/CatID/Kitchen%20Cabinet%20Organizers/SubCatID/KV%20Pantry%20Systems
or
http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/GroupID/Kitchen%20%26%20Bath%20Organizers/CatID/Kitchen%20Cabinet%20Organizers/SubCatID/KV%20Roll%2DOut%20Units
Look for "pantry rollout".......
Anon Ymous wrote:

Did my lady's pantry with 3/4 extension, 100 lb side & bottom mount. Worked great. Three years now. FYI, canned goods, 15 or 16 oz cans equals 16 lbs per sq ft.
have a 24" deep pantry closet that I'd like to install slide out <BR>shelves in. I'm looking for a full extension, center mount drawer slide <BR>to use. I really would prefer to not have the slides mounted on the side <BR>of the shelf. The slide out shelf would be mounted on the existing fixed <BR>shelf which extends behind the door opening. The center mount slide <BR>would have to be heavy duty (for canned goods) and I guess I could use <BR>two slides per shelf if necessary. In checking most online catalogs I <BR>could only find 3/4 extension slides in the 25 pound capacity range. <BR>Thanks for any help!<BR><BR>Tom</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
I have a 24" deep pantry closet that I'd like to install slide out shelves in. I'm looking for a full extension, center mount drawer slide to use. I really would prefer to not have the slides mounted on the side of the shelf. The slide out shelf would be mounted on the existing fixed shelf which extends behind the door opening. The center mount slide would have to be heavy duty (for canned goods) and I guess I could use two slides per shelf if necessary. In checking most online catalogs I could only find 3/4 extension slides in the 25 pound capacity range. Thanks for any help!
Tom

KV8000 at kc.vom: http://www.knapeandvogt.com/8000_Undermount_Pantry_Slide.html?page tails.38
Order them from: http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/GroupID/Cabinet%20Drawer%20Slides/CatID/Drawer%20Slides%2C%20Undermount/SubCatID/KV8000%20Series%20130%23%20Class
Dave in Houston
Thanks, guys! A lot of good info and helpful links, some of which I missed during my search.