Drawer pull height

I built a tool cabinet that has 2 rows of four drawers. The drawers range from 4" in height to 11", my question is where do I mount the handles? Do I center them on the drawer front? Or is there a standard distance from the top or bottom of the drawers.
Thanks in advance Willyp
It's really your call. The two options that come to mind for me are centered on all drawers or centered on the 4" drawer and the same distance from the top on all the others. I like option two better.
When you have a bunch of drawers in a cabinet, I think it always looks better if the hardware is lined up in both directions if at all possible.
Lou

Wed, Dec 29, 2004, 9:36am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (SonomaProducts.com) says: It's really your call. The two options that come to mind for me are centered on all drawers or centered on the 4" drawer and the same distance from the top on all the others. I like option two better.
Basically, that's my thought too, his project, his money, put the pulls anywhere he wants - I wouldn't even have asked.. If it was for a paying customer, then it'd be the customer's call.
JOAT People without "things" are just intelligent animals.

That's a tall drawer. I'd be inclined to mount the handles somewhere in alignment with the drawer slides / runners, to avoid putting any twisting force on them.
As others have said, it's up to you -- whatever you think looks good. A trick that I've used is to temporarily mount the pulls with double-sided tape and then move them around to see what I like before settling on a final arrangement.

I'm having trouble imagining an 11" height drawer with the handle centered... I guess it would work, but it seems awkward..
when I built my first tool cabinet, back when noah thought it might rain, I put drawers in it from 6" to 12" high... I put all the drawer pulls about 2" from the top of each and it's still working..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing