Drawer fronts revisited

A recent thread asked about attaching drawer fronts to the drawers. I just did four of them this morning.

In my case, I'm making a four drawer unit for under the workbench. I made the drawers, put them in place with full slides and then made simple flat fronts for them. I drilled the holes for the handles, then I put the fronts in place by stacking them with spacers between them to assure proper alignment. The handles are about 3/4" wide, on either side of the bolt holes on the drawer front. To lock them into position, I just put a brad in the spot that will be covered by the handle. After that, some screws from inside.

This won't work with other types of handles with no flange, but it made my life very easy today.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski