Drawer Bottoms 1/8" Hardboard + 1/8" Acrylic Coated MDF?

Page 2 of 2

You speak the truth. It really depends upon what is going in them...sharp, pointy stuff could screw up the surface, towels and pot holders should be safe.
Regardless of what was going in them I wouldn't glue up two sheets of anything, too much work for me :) I might - possibly - consider using 1/4" mel board if I needed that sort of hardness.