Draw front recess ... how ???

I want to make a recessed draw pull in the front of two flush fitting draws. I know that I can buy pre manufactured CAD manufactured ones - just make a "hole" and drop / glue them in. [ although I can't find 'em in Spain, I could import from the UK].

Then I recalled the draw pulls that used to be on the old singer treadle sewing machines; the two little draws on the right side of the machine. The pulls were set into a circular recess in the draw front. The recess had a pull knob of some kind in the center which was flush with the draw front. Come to think about it maybe the pull knob was _part_of the draw front.

Anyhow, the question. How can I cut a deep, concave, recess in a draw front?? Seems to me it'd be at least three inches in dia.

I have a TS, drill press, power hand tools and other 'stuff'

John Hewitt Malaga Spain

Reply to
richardhewitt

Yuk.

It was. All one piece. Very nice, too...

It's a simple and fast cut with a bowl gouge, with the drawer front spinning in "faceplate mode" on a lathe. Or a 3-hour setup and 23 second cut with a router and a half-dozen bits. Nahm has done this...

Sounds like you need to go out and buy yourself a lathe. Make that the swing is at least the diagonal of the drawer front you want.

Michael Latcha - at home in Redford, MI

Reply to
Michael Latcha