Doug Stowe winner of Golden Hammer Award

Feb 2004 issue of Woodwork magazine's SHOPTALK section congratulates Doug Stowe for winning the National Association of Home and Workshop Writers annual award for Best How-To Book. The award is for his book Making Elegant Custom Tables.

May I be the first in The Wreck to congratulate Doug and to thank him for his contributionS to woodworking.

(another book to add to the growing woodworking library)

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

I'll be the second then, congratulations Doug! And I also second Charlie for the contributions you make here, thank you.

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

Congratulations. Yep, guess it's time to expand the library again. And I'll second Charlies comment on your contributions to the wrec.

Otto

Reply to
NetWorker

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:01:20 -0800, charlie b brought forth from the murky depths:

I'll third that. Congrats AGAIN, Doug.

-- Vidi, Vici, Veni ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Well Done Doug!!!!

Reply to
Bernie Hunt

Congrats again Doug!

Reply to
Mike Walters

ACES, Doug!!!! Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice

Dave Fleming

Congratulations!

Renata

Reply to
Renata

Congrats Doug, the only problem mentioning this is that it could possibly encourage the one with the long words living in the depths of Pennsylvania [Olin mills or something like it ] to do the same ...mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

So was that a seven year or a five year apprenticship Dave?....mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

Doug: Nice goin' eh.

Bob Schmall

Reply to
Bob Schmall

5 year on paper but the reality of the times made it more like 4+ and then Journeyman's Papers. Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice
Dave Fleming

I envy you that experience, Dave. I used to hang around the boat shop at Old Mystic and drool over the kind of work those fellas were getting to do. I bought Seward's book and Chapelle's and damned near memorized them. Still, I spent my working life building houses that didn't float and cabinets that only had to fit inside of rectangles. It would seem to me that building a boat would be like making something that was very nearly alive.

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

Kudos to Douglas and hope that he has many more books in him.

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

I have people investigating the legitimacy of your green card as we speak.

(and, it's Gulph Mills, ya chucklehead.)

(when ya gonna put up some more pictures?)

tom watson - mike hide fan.

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:45:32 GMT, Larry Jaques scribbled:

And I'll fourth it. A well deserved award. It's a great book, well worth getting.

Luigi Zanasi