Doug Stowe winner of Golden Hammer Award

Feb 2004 issue of Woodwork magazine's SHOPTALK section congratulates Doug Stowe for winning the National Association of Home and Workshop Writers annual award for Best How-To Book. The award is for his book Making Elegant Custom Tables.
May I be the first in The Wreck to congratulate Doug and to thank him for his contributionS to woodworking.
(another book to add to the growing woodworking library)
charlie b

I'll be the second then, congratulations Doug! And I also second Charlie for the contributions you make here, thank you.
Greg
Congratulations. Yep, guess it's time to expand the library again. And I'll second Charlies comment on your contributions to the wrec.
Otto

brought forth from the murky depths:

I'll third that. Congrats AGAIN, Doug.
-- Vidi, Vici, Veni --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:45:32 GMT, Larry Jaques

And I'll fourth it. A well deserved award. It's a great book, well worth getting.
Well Done Doug!!!!

Congrats again Doug!

ACES, Doug!!!! Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice http://pages.sbcglobal.net/djf3rd /
So was that a seven year or a five year apprenticship Dave?....mjh
<Dave Fleming> wrote in message

then Journeyman's Papers. Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice http://pages.sbcglobal.net/djf3rd /
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:19:10 -0800, Dave Fleming <> wrote:

I envy you that experience, Dave. I used to hang around the boat shop at Old Mystic and drool over the kind of work those fellas were getting to do. I bought Seward's book and Chapelle's and damned near memorized them. Still, I spent my working life building houses that didn't float and cabinets that only had to fit inside of rectangles. It would seem to me that building a boat would be like making something that was very nearly alive.
Congratulations!
Renata

Congrats Doug, the only problem mentioning this is that it could possibly encourage the one with the long words living in the depths of Pennsylvania [Olin mills or something like it ] to do the same ...mjh
--

"Renata" < snipped-for-privacy@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@news.newsguy.com...
Doug: Nice goin' eh.
Bob Schmall

I have people investigating the legitimacy of your green card as we speak.
(and, it's Gulph Mills, ya chucklehead.)
(when ya gonna put up some more pictures?)
tom watson - mike hide fan.

Kudos to Douglas and hope that he has many more books in him.