Door transition moulding

I have laminate flooring that meets tile flooring in a doorway. I need to create my own moulding for the seam. What is a good wood that is 1) durable, 2) can be routed (router) and 3) stained (for Marbau).
The flooring color is Marbau. What stain would be best with what wood? I have not seen Marbau in Home Depot.

<dan> wrote:> I have laminate flooring that meets tile flooring in a doorway. I need

1)
Don't have a clue about color, but white oak makes some pretty good moulding and is easily worked.
Lew
On 12 Oct 2007 15:02:18 GMT, "dan" <> wrote:

Maple machines well and wears well, but may be a problem coloring to match the flooring. You could try to match to the tiles instead.
Pete
snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:

Enough merbau to make such a molding should cost under 30 bucks (assuming that it's actually a _door_ and not a 100 foot wide archway or something), it machines well, stains well, should be as durable as the rest of the floor, and the grain will match as well.
http://www.woodworkerssource.net/Merchant3/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WS&Product_Code=mer44&Product_Count=&Category_Codeis one source. Checking http://www.woodfinder.com may find some locally. If there's a Lumber Liquidators nearby might be worth giving them a call.
--John