Domino Bathroom Drawers

Page 3 of 3

wrote in message

True, HOWEVER I mark the mortise locations and use the center mark on the fence to locate the Domino mortiser. I For aesthetic reasons I don't use the indexing pins on the Domino. I basically use it like a plate joiner in that regard. If the Domino slips you end up with an elongated hole. You have to be careful to hold it stationary through the whole cut.

MMmmmmm... now I REALLY want a Domino. Very nice result visually and it must be strong too.

MMmmmmm... now I REALLY want a Domino. Very nice result visually and it must be strong too.
Thank you.... IMHO the joint is at least as strong as a DT
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 15:15:09 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

That set of pics even stirred MY crowbars, it did.
-- "Human nature itself is evermore an advocate for liberty. There is also in human nature a resentment of injury, and indignation against wrong. A love of truth and a veneration of virtue. These amiable passions, are the latent spark. If the people are capable of understanding, seeing and feeling the differences between true and false, right and wrong, virtue and vice, to what better principle can the friends of mankind apply than to the sense of this difference?" --John Adams
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 20:13:52 -0800, Larry Jaques

Jesus H. Christ! I just saw the festerclucking price they want for it.
I guess I'll stick with my $37 HF bisquicker. Time to add that thrust washer and tighten up the height...
-- "Human nature itself is evermore an advocate for liberty. There is also in human nature a resentment of injury, and indignation against wrong. A love of truth and a veneration of virtue. These amiable passions, are the latent spark. If the people are capable of understanding, seeing and feeling the differences between true and false, right and wrong, virtue and vice, to what better principle can the friends of mankind apply than to the sense of this difference?" --John Adams

On the off chance you change your mind and are going to buy sooner than later, Festool is raising their prices March 1, 2011. I haven't looked specifically to see if the Domino tool itself is going to go up in price since I already own one, but I'd say it was a safe bet.
And keep one specific fact in mind should you (or when) you become a Festool owner, all of their tools are designed with superb dust collection in mind. Doesn't matter if it's a power saw, router or sander, dust collection is outstanding.

Ok, you guys convinced me. Saved about the equivalent to sales tax by buying now...
Here's the listing of price increases. Some of the tool/vacuum kits are actually going down in price. http://www.mcfeelys.com/info/festool-alert3.htm
Puckdropper
Snip
/#/photos/lcb11211/54...

Everything is relative, that single drawer job "much" more than paid for the Domino and CT22 vac..
On 2/24/11 10:15 AM, Leon wrote:

If that's this HF Plate Joiner..... http://www.harborfreight.com/4-inch-plate-joiner-38437.html it's the worst POS I've ever bought and returned to HF.
--

-MIKE-

That thing even looks all wrong.
Very nice look IMHO. I do dovetails with 1/2" BB and it looks good and it's real strong but you get tired of that same 'ol same 'ol. I seen a guy do 3/8" square mortises in drawer sides w/walnut pegs and maple sides and that looked good too. He just bought the mortiser and wanted to put 'er to use right now...
RP
Very nice look IMHO. I do dovetails with 1/2" BB and it looks good and it's real strong but you get tired of that same 'ol same 'ol. I seen a guy do 3/8" square mortises in drawer sides w/walnut pegs and maple sides and that looked good too. He just bought the mortiser and wanted to put 'er to use right now...
RP
That does sound nice. I would think that because the Domino works much like a plate joiner that it would be easer to use than a traditional mortiser for this application.
Thank you BTY

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5471114935/#/photos/lcb11211/5471710794/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5471114935/#/photos/lcb11211/5471114935/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5471114935/#/photos/lcb11211/5471707872/lightbox /