Does tool color matter?

Page 2 of 2

I'm reminded of the electrician on one of the home improvement shows who painted all her tools pink. She said that she didn't have a problem with them disappearing.
--

FF

painted any tools he could talk others into loaning him, yellow also. Didn't take long to figure out that it wasn't wise to loan him anything.

The answer lies in the first sentence --- I know I am not the only person who avoids HD because they have that hideous orange paint slathered on everything. As soon as I set foot in a HD I become more tense and uncomfortable which is not conducive to HD making sales. The level of discomfort is such that I don't even consider HD as an option for most purchases. When I do actual darken their doorstep I don't know my way around their store and spend much of my time playing the "If is were a drone for the BORG where would I hide _____ so it wouldn't sell and I won't have to re-stock the shelf?" game.
I would really hate to have something BORG orange in the shop since shop time is a retreat from the day job. I wonder if that's why I would rather see Bessey clamps than Jorgensen clamps?
hex -30-

I'm sure a lot of it comes down to personal preference in colors, but I'm not an orange fan either. At least not THAT much orange.
The problem in my area is a lack of other stores. We do have a couple of independents but they don't always have what I need or are not open after 3:00 on Saturday. HD is saturated. To reach a Lowes, I have to pass at least two HD's in any direction and travel a minimum of 35 miles. They also manage to put a lot of decent smaller chains out of business. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome