Does this auction smell wrong to you?

Page 1 of 2
It's number 4352467056. Check out the dates on his last (and only) 2 feedback items.
On the other hand if somebody knows this guy and it's real deal, let me know...
-jtpr
Kinda smells stinky to me. I would bid on it myself if I thought he was legit
Funny how each of the other two saws went for the exact same price of $660. Unless, of course, that was a reserve price but the current auction doesn't show a reserve so I doubt it.
--
Jeff P.

"A ship carrying blue paint collided with a ship carrying red paint. The
Delurking....both the previous auctions ended this past saturday...no way they got delivery already...scam to me...probably friends bidding on it for feedback or whatever... Tina

Good point. I missed that.
--
Jeff P.

"A ship carrying blue paint collided with a ship carrying red paint. The

Even more interesting is that the same bidder (sjtracy99) jacked the price up to the same amount on each auction and has no feedback at all even though they've been a member since Jan 03. This whole thing stinks to high heaven.
TWS
jtpr wrote:

I'm always leery of a auction that doesn't feature a photo of the acutual item, just a jpeg lifted from the mnfr's site.
brian_j snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Once upon a time, an auction of a bicycle featured a photo of one of MY bikes, lifted from my site. Sometimes, even a so called "actual photo" can't be trusted.
Barry
B a r r y wrote:

What's your web address??
Definitely a scam, the two users that left feedback for the seller of this item have been inactive for two years and then both mysteriously left feedback for the same two new users, thomasc317 and sungoh703. Scamsville.
Yeah, I feel the same way. I reported it.
damian penney wrote:

Looks like they took your report to heart, the auction doesn't even come up any more.
-Keith

eBay is pretty good about that sort of thing, yes.
Buy it on your AMEX. If they don't ship, dispute the charge. Don't pay with cash or equivalent.
Another way to protect yourself is to email the "seller" and ask for an address and telephone number...then verify them. Legit sellers usually don't mind providing this info.
If you cannot establish the legitimacy of the seller, don't bid.

Some sellers are not too talkative, let say I bid and paid for it. What could possibly go wrong? Can Paypal or Ebay prevent fraud and how can I get my money back?

could
money
When I used to frequent the eBay NG it abounded with stories of ppl in lengthy fraud disputes with PayPal and eBay. No replies to emails etc.
Mekon
If you use Paypal (which is owned by ebay) you can file a claim against a seller but only for very specific reasons. Check the ebay website for reasons.
I bought a wireless router (the computer type, not woodworking type) last year that was delivered DOA. I went round and round with the seller who was claiming the router was sold "as is, no refunds".
He claimed it had a manufacturers warranty, but they refused to honor it because it was sold on ebay.
Bottom line, his auction information was false, I filed a claim, Paypal agreed and refunded my money. I shipped him his DOA router back and dropped the bomb on him in feedback.
WD wrote:

I cant get anything to come up on that item number. What was it? Ebay must have removed it.

Must've smelled wrong to eBay, too. It's not there anymore.