does norm ever have kick backs?

Page 1 of 2
I've talked to a number of people lately who have told me about the kickbacks they have experienced.
One guy even told me about a kick back with a tablesaw when he was triming a door.
This brings to mind the question does norm ever have a kickback?
I'm sure he has, but do you really think they show that on the air? Actually, he is pretty diligent about using featherboards, hold-downs, etc. when needed, so he probably minimizes the liklihood of problems like that. He's been doing this a long time, after all, and he still has all his fingers.
Mike
--
There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Id love to see the NYW blooper reel!!

I believe there's a note on the NYW web site that Norm hasn't made any mistakes, so there'd be no blooper reel.
--
Mike Iglesias Email: snipped-for-privacy@draco.acs.uci.edu
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926

Certainly it wasn't a sweat.
-Jack "Roy is king"

No, but I have noticed him breathing prety hard latly. Showing his age?

break
Lack of exercise.
-Jack

Yes, it was when he was bending wood - I think when he built the wine rack. He did some kerf cuts on the back of a piece of wood to contour it to a curve, then wet the wood a little to help bend it. He broke one and left it in the show.
-Chris
That was it.

break
I think he gets a kick-back from Minwax. 8>)

Remove the 'remove' in my address to e:mail me.
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:23:52 GMT, william kossack

That's why he wears the beard - to cover up a particularly nasty scar.
Who cares if he gets kick backs or not ? Have I missed the point of why this question is being posted.
Daniel
william kossack

Humor challenged?

| | This brings to mind the question does norm ever have a kickback?
I have yet to talk to a woodworker who hasn't had a kickback of some sort. There's something in human nature, I suppose, that forces us to learn about safety the hard way. I'm sure Norm has had his share of kickbacks, and I'm sure those get edited out along with all his other mistakes.
My grandfather was a coal miner, a railroad stoker, and a general contractor. He died with all his digits intact. If he can do it, I can do it.
--

The universe is not required to conform | Jay Windley

about
I'm
do
That reminds me of the time I got a kickback from my radial arms saw. I almost died with all my digits. If I had been standing directly behind the saw I would have lost my belly button.
I got one yestday on my TS that bent my belt buckle! Lucky for me the piece wasn't any larger than it was...
juan fandango wrote:

Thank god for small targets!
| | I got one yestday on my TS that bent my belt buckle! Lucky for me the | piece wasn't any larger than it was...
... and that you aren't somewhat taller.