Do you like Chinese products?

Page 2 of 2

bobotang wrote:

I have products from these guys. Probably moistly Taiwanese -- works quite well.
http://www.kingcanada.com/Products.htm?NL=1
See my links... Under the equipment suppliers I have a few that sell Chinese imports. I have used some of the equipment and found no problems so far. General, King, Busy Bee etc...
http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/linksbusiness.htm
Many of these companies -- including Lee Valley, establish standards, and buy to the standards (specifications) -- then the equipment is as good as the standard. The King Industrial Line is much better for example than the Performance plus or the straight King Consumer Line.
Will R. Do you purchase the power tools and accessories from China mainland??
bobotang wrote:

No.
I buy through distributors.

My ex-brother-in-law is a machinist/lathe operator in his own company. He makes the weirdest things. Mostly for aerospace companies. Accuracy takes on a whole new meaning when you see what he is involved with. Stuff like gyroscope parts.
Over 25 years ago... he ordered a lathe from China. He claimed it had nothing to do with price as it was pretty darn expensive. It was all about accuracy and he claimed that nobody made that type of lathe to those standards anywhere else. When it arrived I took a close look at it. It was beautifully executed. Like a Swiss watch. At max RPM all I could hear was the whistling of the air around the chuck and a soft hum..and felt no vibration.
They also make shit.