Disgusting

Page 1 of 2
It's a crime against Nature to leave fine woodworking equipment in this condition:
http://tinyurl.com/vqrxx

could be due to one of several reasons:
1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again. 2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? 3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

Oops. Here's a public copy:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f4/dhakala/top14.jpg
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Holy Crap! That's terrible. Who's shop is it? I think some of us need to visit him and fix things up!
I'm gonna go load up my truck. ;)

That floor looks like it'd be slippery if it was covered in sawdust.
On 6 Jan 2007 10:14:56 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Dosent look as though any work gets done there

He needs "Helen Buttagig" for workshops! <G>

Sorry, I meant REVERSE "Helen Buttagig"!
Somebody needs to toss some dust and scraps around!
No woodworking bench - with multiple vises and both round and rectangular dogholes?
And gray - everything gray? OK so there's a bright yellow Tormek cover - but all that gray?
And a nice big crank on the planer instead of those little wheels?
Thou Sucketh! (sorry - obligatory response)
charlie b
Don't know how you find anything in that mess! lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 3822 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!
Am I mis understanding the machinery? How do you get a 6 foot by say 2" thick length thru the thicknesser/planer? Doesnt the bed rise and fall, and thus invite conflict with the height of the table?

Mike Richardson wrote:

I agree about this problem, but it may be due to the camera angle. The assembly/work table might be lower than 2" from the planer bed. Or, he might never need more than an 1". Who knows, what's going on in that shop - I don't see any wood storage at all!
MJ Wallace

I just figured out why it is so clean. Upon a second look, I see he has PVC duct collection piping. He got it all together and realized, once he uses any tool, static electricity is going to blow up his shop and house.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I don't think so. He's using the neutral on his 220-volt feed.

IS that in the code for PVC dust collection piping? If so, please cite?
;) at Mr Miller

The pipes run vertically, as to direct the explosion up and out of roof stacks. This is the only safe method for PVC dust collection.
B A R R Y wrote:

When I tell "fibs" to kids I wink while telling them so they'll know that what I'm saying is probably not "the gospel truth". You need to add an "emoticon" with statements like that - maybe ; )
If you don't some poor newbie will be cutting holes in his shop roof and redoing his PVC ducting. If he'd used ABS that wouldn't have been necessary ; )
charlie b

I did all that for nothing? ;^)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Wow, either he set up that shop purely for show, or he has far too much time on his hands.
I'm hoping he spent a weekend cleaning it up for the photo and then went back to doing work..
bf wrote:

My nephew's neighbour has a dozen high-end guitars and can't play a lick. Nothing would surprise me.