dining room table oak finish

Howdy all,
Any general advice on refinishing the top of a nice older oak dining room table? Light oak stain/color. Just faded in spots from being in the colorado sun under a big window, no nicks or damage. Was wondering how I can stay away from hard finishes, and stay with the stained wood look that it currently has. I suppose I will need a sealer, not sure what type for eating on?
I am picking up some library books, but thought this might be the place for a summary or advice on products.
Thanks much,
Scott
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Tung oil 1:4 with paint thinner. Several coats 24 hours apart, wipe off all possible after each coat.
Visit WWW.HOMESTEADFINISHING.COM and WWW.REFINISHWIZARD.COM and look around. You can ask questions if need be.