dining room table oak finish

Howdy all,

Any general advice on refinishing the top of a nice older oak dining room table? Light oak stain/color. Just faded in spots from being in the colorado sun under a big window, no nicks or damage. Was wondering how I can stay away from hard finishes, and stay with the stained wood look that it currently has. I suppose I will need a sealer, not sure what type for eating on?

I am picking up some library books, but thought this might be the place for a summary or advice on products.

Thanks much,

Scott

Reply to
scottvon2004

Tung oil 1:4 with paint thinner. Several coats 24 hours apart, wipe off all possible after each coat.

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Reply to
nospambob