Differences in HVLP guns?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the types of HVLP systems? From what I can see there are 2 types of gun, those which use normal shop 70 -

100psi air and turbine units. From what I read the shop air system uses a lot of air and needs a really large compressor i.e. > 3HP, whereas the turbine units are quite small.

Is it possible to run a shop air type gun off a turbine?

TIA

Bernard R

Reply to
Bernard Randall