dial indicator and point set

a while back I saw a D I and point set in a woodworking order book for 20 or so bucks. Don't remember which catalog and I can't find it now . I think it had 15 or more different tips and the indicator in a case all pretty cheap.
I searched for about an hour on line and couldn't find any thing close.
Anybody know who sells a kit like that please point me in the right direction.
thanks jack
I think this is what you're looking for...shipping is pretty high though
http://www.littlemachineshop.com
Bruce

BJT wrote:

It's not that bad. I just looked at their shipping policy and they charge $1.99 handling for any quantity of any particular part number and then $0.49 for any subsequent part number. Add to that the actual UPS charge. So in this case, ordering just the dial indicator kit, it'd be $1.99 plus the actual UPS charge.
I don't get upset with shipping policies like that. The ones that piss me off are the ones who lowball the price, then add three times the actual shipping charge. I see it on Ebay all the time. I NEVER order from them.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

This dial indicator is a great item, all of the various tips are great for setting up your jointer, aligning your radial arm saw, etc.
--
Rumpty

I guess the problem is that I live in the east and they're in the west. A calculation of shipping charges on their web site for the dial indicator set (4 lbs. or so) totals out to about $12.25 to ship a $17.95 item.
Bruce

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:07:34 -0500, the inscrutable "BJT"

So you finally get to see how we Left Coasters feel about so many things being produced in the East. We pay those costs for most everything. Still, $30 for a DI + mag base +a whole passel o' points is a good deal.
In contrast, my paying $10.50 for a Chiwanese chop saw + $30 shipping only to have the thing fry after 5 minutes was not so good a deal. I haven't been contacted after several calls and emails for a week to the vendor, either. Use caution: New Dimensions aka Chris9er on Ebay.
======================================================= Was that an African + http://www.diversify.com or European Swallow? + Gourmet Web Applications =======================================================
Larry Jaques wrote:

Yabut, Monday Night Football comes on earlier!
Barry

things being produced in the East.
Last year I priced shipping a used press from the west coast to the east coast, it was $200 cheaper shipping the same press from the east to the west. The reason all of the chinese crap landing on the west coast and being trucked east and lots of empty return loads.
--
Rumpty

<snip>

So the $300 + tax I spent on the DeWalt looks pretty good to me right now, particularly after 4 years of service...
You don't always get what you pay for. You seldom get what you don't pay for.
And the universe has a way of dealing with shysters, eventually. See recent news stories regarding Ebbers, Bernard.
Patriarch
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 00:36:10 -0600, the inscrutable Patriarch

This is a 14" grinder, a metal chop saw, but I grok your service record.

Until now, I've had very good luck with Chiwanese electricals, though their HP ratings are Searzesque. I guess this one was made by Lucas. :(

This asshole has 32,000+ sales on Ebay. You think they'll help me stop him? Right, I didn't think so, either. <sigh>
--
Put some color in your cheeks: Garden Naked!
------