Dewalt or Ridgid ?

Plain jane chop saw (10"), both about the same price - the Dewalt or the new Ridgid?
-- Visit the "THE VE7SL RADIO NOTEBOOK" at http://www.imagenisp.ca/jsm [L.F. Loop] [Tuna Tin DX] [H.F. Maritime DX] [Crystal Radio DXing] [136 kHz Band * updated*]
jsm wrote:

Probably boils down to what color you like better, yellow or orange :-)
--
Donnie Vazquez
Sunderland, MD

I agree completely.... Mostly because I have no clue who will be making Ridgids tools NEXT year...They already have switched manufacturers in the short time that they have been marketing them...Emerson IN Emerson OUT ! etc....
I just wonder about parts ...and please do not feed me that crap about lifetime warantees...so you will not need parts...
They only machine that I honestly have liked was their planner.. all the others just did not impress me in the least and a lot of DeWalt stuff does not impress me either BUT I do know where to get parts and service if I just do not end up doing a 2 handed old fashion "set shot" into the trash can...
Bob Griffiths