DeWalt DW788 scroll saw "knocking" problem

Hi folks. I've got a DeWalt DW788 scrollsaw that makes a godawful racket while I'm cutting. It doesn't seem to affect the cut any, but it's got to be hell on the machine. This isn't normal, is it?
I checked the rec archives, and I've seen the problem alluded to a couple of times, and the threads made it seem like this has happened to others. But, I couldn't really find an adequate explanation, or a solution.
Any help would be appreciated.
tt
Ok this may sound like a silly question but are you sure your blade is in with the teeth pointed down ? My FIL had the same type of noise with his Delta scroll saw and I found that to be the problem. Puff

There is an answer and remedy available on scrollsaws.com.
On 02 Jul 2004 12:16:32 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GAGORHAM) wrote:

Thanks. I had forgotten about that particular resource.
tt

teeth pointed down ? My FIL had the same type of noise with his Delta scroll saw and I found that to be the problem.

I know the sound you are referring to, but that's not it. Thanks for the input, though.
tt
Quite a while ago Dewalt finally acknowledged the problem and had a fix on their website. Don't know if it is still there.
EWH
Try this link; http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/Documents/English/Video/788scrollsaw.mov
You may have to register to view it. It tells how to remove the knock.
Bernie

That does the trick. You do have to register to find information that should be more readily available, but in this case it was worth the trouble.
I dislike sending out any personal information on the web, but the DeWalt registration will let you get away with using all "make-believe" personal info.
tt

Not that I could find. It is not a very good website, and I can't even find the usual pdf user manuals that most manufacturers post.
tt