DeWaLT 8 1/2 SLIDE COMPOUND SAW

Has anyone has any experience with the saw. I would appreciate any comments on the saw.
Brent asks:

I had one of these, I'd guess about a decade ago. Hard to remember a lot. This was the pre-yellow and black stage, I think, and the saw was actually pretty good, but had one or 2 fairly petty annoyances that I no longer recall.
Charlie Self
"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." George Carlin
I've been looking at that one too. Hitachi makes an 8 1/2 SCMS which is very similar. I have used my brother-in-law's hitachi and it is sweet!
I was lending a hand with some trim for his house..."make that one 33 and 5/64th's.... heavy"
Yes, he is very particular, and does very nice work.

comments

It's a good saw, but it sells for 399 here at WW. But the 10" sliding Bosch saw is also 399, so why not go for the 10" Bosch?
Terry

comments
I think the 8 1/2" Dewalt would be comparable to my Makita, so it really depends on the type of work you do. I have both a Makita 7 1/2" sliding mitre and a Dewalt 12" mitre, and I am well acquainted with the Dewalt 12" slider and Hitachi 8 1/2" slider. For 90% of my work (smaller trim) I use the Makita - very comfortable, easier to use, easy to move, cuts cleaner, just feels better. 2x4s types and larger is for the Dewalt. If I had to choose one it would be the Makita in a heart beat. IMO smaller saw = smaller work, larger saw = larger work. Buy what you do and grow from there.
HTH, Jeffo

comments
Color? SH

Bosch Blue of course. :o)