Detailed Wood Models

I want to start building detailed wood models of such things as motorcycles, cars and trains out of wood. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good sites that may have plans and/or tips and ideas.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, -diceshooter-
diceshooter wrote:

I don't know if the web site has plans, but the Grizzly catalog has several pages full of some very incredible looking wooden models. They sell plans to build them, and also detail kits to provide the more difficult elements if you need them.
I'm building a 4-4-0 American out of wood right now. Not very detailed, but you can tell what it is, sort of. (Well, it looks more realistic than the one my nine year old is building, so nyah. :) It's the first time I ever tried to make anything like this, and I'm sort of making it up as I go along. I did a presentable smokestack and sand dome by turning dowels in my drill press and shaping them with a 4-in-one rasp. I made the boiler out of several stacked discs that I cut out with a fly cutter, and strung together with a dowel. To facilitate gluing to the wheel carrier bit, I flattened the bottom of the boiler with a belt sander and a block plane. I probably would choose a different method next time, but that got the job done.
Anyway, no real advice is implied here, other than that you should go for it. It's fun, and doesn't use much wood.
Where can I find the grizzly ctatlog?