design advice wanted for trade show table/counter

I have to build 2 36"W x 24"D x40"H tables/counters for a trade show I am going to. They have to be very sturdy, but also relatively lighweight because I have to pay Teamsters to carry everything in, by hundredweight. And, I want to be able to knock them down. Finish will we paint or a cloth skirt on the sides and laminate on the top.

The table tops do not have to carry any special weight. Mostly just people leaning on them. Each table will be at opposite ends of the entry to our booth.

Attached to the front edge of the tables, at opposing corners of the two tables, will be 10' tall aluminum angle "poles" (1.5" x 1.5"); strung between them will be a product banner. (There will also be an angle piece between the poles -- i.e., the banner will hang, rather than be stretched between the poles.) In order to provide some ballast, I have 2 7-gallon water jugs. I plan to put the jugs on pieces of plywood attached to two of the legs under the tables.

I have some ideas as to how to build these, but thought I'd ask if anyone has a tried-and-true design for something that will do the trick. Thanks.

-- Igor

Reply to
Igor