Delta Unisaw/cabinet saw

Page 2 of 2

A riving knife is different from a splitter. It raises and lowers with the blade and hugs the blade very closely. I think it can stay on even when doing a dado.
American woodworkers have asked for riving knifes for years while Europeans have had them for years or probably decades.
Brian Elfert
On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:08:32 GMT, "Leon"

I'll take that bet :~)

I found mention of the new Unisaw in this article:
http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/ezine/archive/132/interview.cfm
-m
The industrial cabinet saw is a 1 3/4 hp. hybrid type saw, basically a contractor type saw only the motor is enclosed in the base. Not in the same league as the 3hp or better unisaw, but it costs right around $1000. --dave

According to Delta, the Industrial Cabinet saw 36-732 is 3 hp. With a Biesemeyer fence it is $1349 from Amazon. Except for the X5 label and $550, I don't see much difference between this and a Unisaw.
On 6 Feb 2006 19:54:52 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote:

Made in China vs. made in America.
You can get a true Unisaw (but not X5) with free freight and free mobile base, choice of tilt, choice of unifence or bies for $1599 at woodworkers supply. IMHO a better deal than the hybrid.

Look to see where the trunnions attach. If they attach to the table top, there's a huge difference. If they attach to the cabinet, not so big a difference.
I know at one point Rockler was firesaling these things for like $900. You might check there, too.