Delta TP300 vs TP400LS

I am trying to distinguish differences between the Delt TP300 and Delta TP400LS planers. Other than the handle placement, ease of blade change, and an improved dust collection chute, is there any other difference in these units? The price difference I have seen does not account for the improvments from the Tp400LS over the Tp300. At least in my opinion. That is why I am posting. I want to see what anyone else thinks.
Thanks All,
DUSTY
"Women should be obscene and not heard" Groucho Marx

Go to this Delta link:
http://www.deltawoodworking.com/index.asp?e 6&p3
Scroll down to the bottom and then click on one of the tools. The specifications will appear. Print it out. Then go back to:
http://www.deltawoodworking.com/index.asp?e 6&p3
And click on the other one. Specifications for it will appear. Print it out. Then compare.
The TP400LS is a 12.5" and the 300 is a 12".
You can also check some epinions reviews. Go to:
http://www.epinions.com /
and do a search. I only found one opinion on the 300 and the guy gave it 4 stars out of 5.
Check it out. There may be more.
Agkistrodon
Thanks for the input Agkistrodon,
I have seen the specs for both machines. It seems that the TP400ls is an upgraded version of the tp300 which I belive is being phased out. What I am trying to acertain is wether or not the tp400ls is worth over 200$ (U.S. dollars) more than the tp300. As I mentioned if the handle, ease of blade change and dust collection are the only improvments, I personally would rather save my 200 duckets. I am not concerned over the 1/2 inch capacity difference either.
Can anyone else share info on thes planers?
Thanks,
DUSTY
Dusty snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Dusty Workshop) wrote in

ummm...very obvious difference. The 400 has a cutterhead lock...the 300 does not.
200 USD more? I only paid 350 canuckistan dollars for mine....about 260 USD.
jason
"stickdoctorq"

I paid $297 for mine.