Delta Sold!

Page 2 of 3
On Mon, 17 May 2004 22:32:38 GMT, "David F. Eisan"

The pond is quiet, the air still. The angler slowly draws his arm back and casts. The lure hits the water with a satisfying splash as the angler waits for his prey ...
On Tue, 18 May 2004 04:00:01 GMT, Mark & Juanita

zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz...<snap> Biggun! Iwouldn't doubt the veracity of the post, though, and it's all due to that BFU gray paint they use. Honest.
-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ---- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
On Tue, 18 May 2004 07:07:54 -0700, Larry Jaques

However, I would expect that to be big corporate news, haven't found anything on either www.pentair.com nor on www.deltawoodworking.com unless David is privy to information from an insider (who would most likely lose body parts then be fired for disclosing such information), I would expect to see this kind of news announced on both websites. Nothing on http://www.ryobitools.com/ either

I havn't heard any specific news either, but I do own a (very) little Pentair stock so I follow the company's corporate news. Pentair buys and sells companies and gets in and out of businesses on a regular basis. The direction d'jour seems to be towards building their water handling businesses (pumps, waste water handling, pool equipment, etc) and getting away from their tool businesses (of which Delta is only one of several). Seeing Pentair sell off Delta would not surprise me at all.

I don't think so, at least not this time.
That rumor's been flying around for a while, and considering David works for a Delta dealer, he'd be one of the first to spread the word.
Jon E
On Thu, 20 May 2004 16:22:54 -0400, "Jon Endres, PE"

It may still happen, but given that the corporations involved have made no announcements, all this remains is a rumor. Given the various SEC laws regarding these kinds of transactions, it is highly unlikely that an employee of a customer of one of those companies would be the first to start spreading the word.
Having had first-hand experience with being acquired by a different company, it is one thing to know that your division is on the block, it is entirely another thing to know who is actually buying that division.
Yahoo Finance has the latest Pentair SEC filing http://biz.yahoo.com/e/040510/pnr10-q.html
This is a quote from that filing:
On March 16, 2004 we finalized an $850 million committed line of credit (the "Bridge Facility"). The Bridge Facility is available for a period up to the earlier of (i) September 1, 2004, (ii) the closing of the WICOR acquisition without the use of the Bridge Facility or (iii) the sale of the Pentair Tools Group.
snipped-for-privacy@rhrsoft.com (Jim) wrote in message

Here is another quote from that filing (emphasis added)
"The term loan to be made under the Bridge Facility (the "Loan") is for the purpose of payment of the purchase price and related fees and expenses upon closing of the WICOR acquisition. The closing of the Loan must occur before September 1, 2004. Any balance due under the Loan is repayable in full, with accrued interest, no later than December 31, 2004. We will need to fund the repayment of the Bridge Facility BY DECEMBER 31,2004 through a DISPOSITION OF OUR TOOLS GROUP or through a debt or equity issuance."
I'm not saying this isn't true, but there is no mention of a sale on Pentair's, Ryobi's, or MSNBC's Business websites. It did mention Pentair announced a 2 for 1 stock split, but nothing else.

There was an article in the biz section of the Tulsa World several weeks ago saying that Ryobi was attempting to purchase Delta. I don't recall if Pentair was mentioned or not. RM~

Oddly enough, the only Delta tools I own are a 1950 unisaw, a 1972 delta/rockwell jointer, and a 1995 delta tenon jig which I still have never used. I don't think I'll miss this sale too much. However, I do feel bad for Norm. SH

All my Delta stuff is early '90s back to the '50s, too. The big thing I'd be worried about is parts and tech support. Ryobi's is ghastly. Also, when Techtronics (Ryobi's parent) bought Homelite a while ago, all the product information and parts more than 10 or so years old dissapeared.
GTO(John)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GTO69RA4) wrote:

Sears sells a lot of Ryobi stuff, and they are usually very good about stocking parts for anything they sell. I was able to get parts for my BT-3000 though Sears (ordered right off the Sears web site).

There's a huge difference. Delta is legendary for its parts supply. The BT3K has been around for what, a dozen years? Big deal having parts available that long. I've heard that Delta can still supply parts for tools built in the '40s.
I have a 1950s Model 100 Craftsman saw. I doubt there's a single part on it I could get replaced (if I wanted to; I have a Unisaw coming Thursday) other than a standard hardware store nut or bolt. You can expect Sears will stand behind that Ryobi stuff just as well.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
GTO69RA4 wrote:

A lot of people talk about parts. Are all of you having to replace a lot of stuff on a regular basis?
UA100, who can't remember the last time he had to replace a part and has a wee bit of Delta in his shoppe...

Come to think of it, NO!
What I would need to eventually replace is actually pretty standard stuff, such as motors, switches, knives, blades, or belts.
Great point.
Barry

Well, there are all those broken trunnions.

Okay, it isn't Delta, but I had to replace a part or two on a PC 557 which accidentally dropped onto my concrete garage/shop floor. [Ouch!]
--
Jeff Thunder
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences

'bout time you change that saw blade eh? <g> SH

The problem I have had with Ryobi products is poor availability of replacement parts. However, I recently needed two switches for Ryobi 18 volt drills and was pleased to find the switches and parts for many Ryobi products are available at Ordertree.com. Had the parts in four days. Reasonable price too.
Neal

I was a Homelite sevice dealer from '84 to '89. Homelite was a dying company at that time. Funny to see how a company that was big on chain saws now only sells three differant models! The line has been cut to the bones. I am surprised that the construction site de-watering pumps are still around. Greg